Healthy wild eel populations distributed throughout their natural range fulfilling their role in the aquatic environment and supporting sustainable use for the benefit of communities, local economies and traditions.
To be the respected partnership that enables and promotes the joined up conservation and management of the eel in the UK and Europe, linking all interests in an open and effective process.
- To help deliver the objectives of the EU Eel Regulation
- To develop, decipher and apply sound science to inform effective decision making
- To influence policy makers at UK and European levels
- To encourage well regulated and sustainable fisheries that support local economies and communities
- To promote greater public understanding of the eel
- To be effective at seeking income and resources to progress the aims of the group
The eels return to abundance
- For all River Basin Districts to be compliant with EU Regulation
- For the eel to form a viable component of the aquatic communities
- For healthy and sustainable fisheries